Wednesday, June 8, 2011

And back to...work?

Traveling definitely has an impact on my mental state. Being out of town all last week, I was out of my element, as it were, and thus while I got work done things were happening at a different pace. Then though is the problem of returning. Getting in Monday (after returning the rental car), I had one thing after another to get caught up on, with a new student coming in to work (so most of that day was spent with him).

Then yesterday I had a complete waste of time in the morning with a meeting to attend that was required by my summer grant (two hours gone, just like that), and the afternoon was spent again catching up two students on various things. Now today I believe my other two students will be in so I will catch up with them, and that'll happen any minute now.

So I have to get work done at the moment, and I've caught up on most of my administrative work that had to be finished now. So I have to do something. But I am not really in the mood to do so, and I have to think about specifically what I would like to do at the moment.

This is a perennial problem, whenever I have a million things to do, most of which are second-long, mindless issues. When all of those are done, the fewer bigger things have to get tackled and I'm not in the mindset to do them. But I will!

And hopefully get distracted immediately by a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment