Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Get used to it

I have to get used to the fact that there will regularly be students that I'm not a fan of. Of course there are those with personality clashes, and that will happen with all students. But then there are students that for a particular reason just annoy me, and that is because they are high maintenance.

Last fall there was a student that was very much like this and quite honestly, I was glad to not have to deal with him, much. He had questions on ever little detail (all the way to "what kind of calculator should I bring to lab?"), and some of it was being diligent, but other parts of it where him just being over paranoid about the grade. (It's a lab, for crying out loud!) But since he wasn't in my section, only sometimes did I have to deal with him. Sadly, he had to drop the lab for personal reasons, and so after that I had to deal with him no more.

Until next fall. I just noticed he registered for my section of the lab. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment