Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snow = class

So I think we are guaranteed to get snow (or a wintry mix) any day that I teach. We got more today, and luckily I walk to work. I have at least one student who lives up in Westchester, and well, she's stuck driving in. I know it saves money to live at home, but I do not envy this student.

In other news, it is finally real that we are looking at the applications for another faculty member in the department. That means that (most likely) I will not be the newbie as of next year. It's a little strange that I get any say in this, however, considering that I've been here less than a year. But alas, I will enjoy giving my two cents. There are only 73 to applications to look through, and there are some obvious cuts we can make (due to various requirements regarding this or that). This will lend to some exhilerating nighttime reading. Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment