Tuesday, February 15, 2011

And yet

So the student finally talked to me. He was full of great excuses.
  • "I never got those emails you sent" Um, that excuse is pretty lame, considering I emailed his Fordham account and one of my emails was sent as a reply to an email he sent me.
  • "I came by your office a couple of times to ask you questions and you weren't there, so that's why I didn't turn in those homeworks." Equally lame. You are an adult now and have to learn how to take responsibility. You see me every day when you come to class, and that is a time to ask for a good time to come by my office.
  • "Your office hours are when I have practice." Again, see above.
So then he asks if he can come by shortly after four today, to ask me questions, and he has not yet arrived. I will give him until five and then send him an email (that he probably will not get) to say that I waited for an hour. That is far more generous than I have to be. Right now I'm not really in the mood to deal with it, and I feel as though this is a problem that will not change.

If I don't get the third assignment by Friday (which, by the way is a week late), I will tell him he should drop the class because he is just wasting his own time. And mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment