Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm not going crazy

So a few minutes ago a high-pitch humming began. It's rather piercing, and extremely distracting. At first I thought I was hearing things but it got Dante's attention and well, he got up and moved to the other room (although I think it's just as bad over there). It's bothersome enough I may have to leave the house early, and go to my office because even just now, in the midst of this rather waste-of-a-time post, I zoned out and just focused on the sound.

A positive side of this is that we lose the ability to hear higher pitches as we get older, and this is pretty high. Age will never get me.*
---
* Although last night I realized age is getting Dante. He got up off the couch and made an "old-man" noise, which he used to never do. Sure he would always stretch like crazy, but this was a noticeable groan, as if all of his energy was going into getting up. Kind of sad, my dog is older than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment