Monday, February 28, 2011

Rainy dog

I always find humor in Dante's hatred of the rain. It is coming down pretty steadily right now (though it's not pouring, really), and at first he was fine with it during our walk. With my umbrella I didn't care at all.

But after he took care of his business, he was done. He wanted nothing more than to be back inside, but he knows that he has to go on his "full walk," so he doesn't fight it. Instead of sniffing everything, he sniffs nothing, which is saying a lot consider how the only thing he usually wants to do is smell everything in our path. So instead, he has a determined (and mildly annoyed) look on his face as he trudges forward back home, and then gets thrilled at the notion of my drying him off with a towel. (Of course, he still has to go around to every rug in the apartment to dry himself off completely, leaving a hint of "wet dog" everywhere in the house.)

So now I have to get the energy to go to my office. I have a list of things that have to get done today, but mostly I'm dreading meeting with this one student. I had a long talk with him on Friday about his lack of work (i.e., he hasn't turned anything in, although he has taken all three quizzes), and well, he really does not want to drop the class. Of course, he may have to by the end of the semester unless he really starts to put effort into things. But he wants to meet today to go over things that he doesn't understand (because he missed several classes), and I have no problem with this, except for the fact that I have a nagging feeling that he just won't turn his game around. (And I shouldn't say this but quite honestly I have a slight hope he doesn't show up today, since then I will be able to insist he drop, since it'll be the second time he was going to come by to get assistance.)

Moving on...

No comments:

Post a Comment