Monday, February 21, 2011

Surprise!

So it's President's Day, and for the first time I am at a university which closes today. That's fine with me, this is my usual holiday schedule (which is different than a weekend schedule): I don't set an alarm (though I usually still get up near my normal time and today was no exception: 8:30), and from there I treat the day as a "work at home" day. So I get up and go through my normal morning including a shower (not done in the morning on a weekend), and sit down to work in my recliner until the battery in my laptop goes away.

So this morning I get up and go start my coffee, walking by the three windows which have the blinds open (being on the fifth floor with not many other similarly "tall" buildings in the neighborhood, no one can really see in, so I never close the living room or kitchen blinds). While my coffee is brewing I get dressed and when I go back to the kitchen I hear a very familiar sound outside, one that I wasn't expecting. It was that scraping sound of a snow shovel.

But certainly it didn't snow? Ah, but it did! In fact, we got a good 4 or so inches overnight! What a fun surprise! And I was so clueless this morning that I didn't even notice. This is what we get for getting so cocky about the near-70 degree weather on Friday. (Although I thought we already paid for that with the bitter winds of Saturday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment