Friday, February 11, 2011

Fizzling on a Friday afternoon

I wish my class on Friday were later, except for the fact that I don't like late classes. Generally, late morning is most ideal, and that is when the class is (well, it overlaps lunch, which is mildly upsetting but not a big deal), and most of the time I love that.

However, there are times when I am severely exhausted by the end of the week. This is one of those times and if my class were later in the afternoon, then I would be able to just teach the class and head out. Note of course that really all I'm hoping for is for the end of the day to be here, even though there really is no reason for me to stick around.*

Yesterday was a full day, with an early morning faculty meeting, a trip to Brooklyn to give a talk (and any trip that requires me to leave the Bronx is exhausting in and of itself; I am not a commuter-type), then after a bit of relaxing and prepping for class, I had a 9:30pm conference call last night (due to a previously mentioned collaboration with someone in Taiwan). So I'm ready for the weekend, even though there is plenty left for me to do.

Ah, maybe I will just head home.
---
*Except for the fact that I will definitely not get any work done if I head home now, while I may get something accomplished by sticking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment