Friday, February 4, 2011

It'll happen

So I'm geared up to revise the lab manuals for the freshman courses. This is something I thought about last fall when I first saw what we had, and they aren't terrible, per se, but man they could be a lot better. Some of it has to do with just being rewritten but in a lot of ways, my main goal is to at least unify the styles of the labs.

But of course the main difficulty is having to type all of them up, since we have none of them digitized. Then the editing can begin. Luckily, it turns out that my TA for lab this semester is a student worker, so he gets his pay from federal work study money, and there are two hours free that he has each week. So I recruited him to my cause, and it begins today! With any luck, by the end of this semester the labs for the fall course will be finished. By that I mean retyped, edited, and all of the figures redone. Hopefully also we can have the second semester labs at least digitized, and then during the fall I can work on revising them before the spring hits.

Luckily I was able to find the student to help, otherwise I feel like this would have very easily fallen by the wayside. But nope!

And the sun is out today, no more terrible weather (now), and my students can't complain that they have to trek in horrid weather for class. And I don't have to ice skate to work today.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear your project begins! But, what are you doing blogging at 0550???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alrighty, gotta fix the time stamp...That must be pacific time, 'cause I was not awake that early!!

    ReplyDelete