Monday, March 28, 2011

And this is what I spend my day on...

Just like basically everyone else, I do not spend my time wisely. After this past week which was rather crazy I took Saturday off to have some fun with a friend in Manhattan. We had Korean food for lunch (yum!) and on a whim wound up heading to the top of the Empire State Building. I had been up there before but she, after living in the city for over 6 years before and now effectively living in the city, she has never gone to the top. So we played tourist.

Then, due to the fact that I have a 1st generation iPod touch that is slowly dying, I splurged and purchased a new one. I'm very happy I did, and by the time Saturday night was through, I had a newly synced iPod touch that had much more space for all of my music and then some.

But that was a well-spent day. It recharged me, to prepare me for yesterday, which was to get ready for today. This involved getting lecture notes ready for a class that I'm subbing for another professor, getting some of my plans for my class ready for tomorrw, as well as writing a quiz. Plus I had homework solutions to write up and had to read through the application of our candidate that is visiting today.

So what do I do? I knit this:
What is it, you ask? It is an iPod cozy. I didn't feel like spending $30 on a case that isn't that necessary, so I quickly put this together (thanks to a pattern on Ravelry). Who needs to do work when you can do things that are completely unnecessary?

But just for the record, I did also get most of my work done as well. So it wasn't a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment