Wednesday, March 23, 2011

No work day

Wednesdays this semester have been notoriously unproductive days for me. There are two parts to that, primarily the fact that I have a tutorial student (i.e., independent study) that comes in the morning, and then lab in the afternoon. This in and of itself isn't an issue, until you add in the fact that after we discuss the course, this student and I tend to start chatting about other, largely unrelated, things.

Then there's the fact that there are other students that just come by to chat every so often, and basically it becomes very tricky to get anything done. I'm not really complaining, because quite honestly I enjoy talking with the students. It becomes an issue on a day like today, where I have a talk to prepare for, and while it's "finished," there are a lot of unanswered questions with my results. Primarily, that I have none, because the data just make no sense anymore.

This luckily isn't the end of the world, but it's becoming more of a habit for me, it seems, to not be able to show results at a talk. Alas, it's all good, and I should get used to it. Next year will just get busier.

No comments:

Post a Comment